2012-11-02

Amazing Vintage Architecture




A few weeks ago I visited Robin De Groot's website www.robindegroot.ca and saw this beautiful house, Easton Neston Estate. I got heart pulpitations just looking at the pictures!
I am a lover of Vintage Architecture so I was immediately drawn to it, and of course I had to blog about it. I'm such a copycat.

So, I did research on two other houses that resembles Easton Neston. Please check out Robin's site for more pictures and info on Easton Neston.

I love the amazing detail and the astounding quality in the workmanship of these stone buildings. I wish things were still done like this today, but I guess it takes a lot of time. And time is unfortunately a luxury we don't spoil ourselves with anymore. I'm not saying current Architecture is second rate and done in a hurry. Then again, nothing stays the same. We need to progress. Now I'm babbling... Enjoy the pictures!

In my 1st post A short Intro to Architecture I talked about the different architectural styles. Maybe you wanna have a looksee?


Easton Neston Estate -Northamptonshire, England 

The house was designed in the Baroque Style by Architect Nicholas Hawksmoor



proposal for Easton Neston - only the central block was built in accordance to the proposal, just without the cupola



Easton Neston's facade - Picture from Architectural Digest


 Harewood Castle - West Yorkshire, England

The house was built by Robert de Lisle in the 14th Century. I'm a bit confused about the style of the design. In some references it is said to be Victorian Gothic and Neoclassical




Frontview - flickr.com
  
Backview - flickr.com



Amazing detail - earlyback on flickr.com




Chatsworth House - Derbyshire, England

The house is designed in Italianatearchitecture and English Baroque. Construction started in 1687



Frontview - wikipedia.org


House and Bridge - wikipedia.org


West End at sunset - wikipedia.org

That staircase - wikipedia.com

 I hope you've enjoyed reading as much as I did writing the post.


Thanks for reading...


Ciao :-)


Elize

No comments: