2012-11-05

Industrial Revolution!



Good day everybody!



I hope Monday treated you well...


Today I would like to share with you one of my favourite, if not my absolute favourite design style, Industrial Interior Design. This Design Style in my opinion works at its best in Lofts or Studio Apartments which I completely love. So much so, that my first apartment was a loft. And although it was so small that I couldn’t even change my mind, I took it anyway just because it was a loft – hahaa!

I am completely drawn to this design style and I think the reason why is in a huge way to do with this definition of Loft Living I found on the Web.

An appeal against convention - convention in thinking, convention in building and convention in living. They are a celebration of open concept living and unconventional spaces brought about by the considered application of imagination and a rejection of mass-market housing. Ohhhh yeeaah


After the Industrial Revolution in The United States, many factories and warehouses were converted into living spaces (Lofts/Studio Apartments). They became very popular and the trend spread to European countries, Korea, etc.


If I would be asked how Industrial Interior Design translates to me, the words that comes to mind are; Edgy, Rough, Open, Free, Clean. Words that make me smile. I think because those words are connected to my personality. I also love the contrast you can create between the structure and the interiors. Rough vs. Soft, Cold vs. Warm, Stark vs. Colour, Rugged vs. Refined. Hmmm Beauty and The Beast comes to mind. That will be the name of my Design!

Needless to say that I dream of one day living in a loft with high ceilings, huge open floor plans and even huger (I don’t think it’s a word) windows. I imagine it to be something like the ones in the pictures I found.



Picture via varmacy.com


I would have added a splash of colour - loft2.mod101.com



Love the windows/doors - via Inspiring Spaces


Via Dream Space


I'd definitely go for this, without the balloons - Via google.com

Windows! - Picture via digsdigs.com

I want it! - Picture via digsdigs.com


Thanks for reading! Chat to you tomorrow


Ciao

Elize




























No comments: